At Green Wave we are committed to protecting the privacy of our users, and support a general policy of openness about how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information (as such term is defined hereinafter).
By registering to be a user of the Website, using the Website’s Services, or submitting any data/content/information to the Website, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information.
This Privacy Statement also explains how you can contact us if you have a question about, want to make a change to or delete any Personal Information that Green Wave may be holding about you. We strongly recommend that you take the time to read this Privacy Statement and retain it for future reference.
Some information is, by its very nature, intended to be shared with others — for example, the contact information that you choose to submit to the Website. This category also includes any personally identifying information that you choose to post in publicly accessible areas of the Website, or in your user profile. We call this type of information “Shared Information,” and you consent to this information being made available to and shared with anyone, including in publicly accessible areas of the Website, other Green Wave sites, in print publications, or publications in other formats. Green Wave cannot control this information, or what other users or third parties may do with this information, and by posting this information publicly, you waive any privacy rights you may have in this information.
We may collect other information, such as details of your browsing patterns on the website, data contained in web “cookies”, a history of links that you have clicked on, coarse geographic and location data (eg: what town or city you are connecting from), or any other data that we store and use to determine your interests and customize your user experience. We recognize that disclosure of such information might compromise your privacy if it was accompanied by personally identifying information, thereby allowing someone to associate this information with you. However, if such information were disclosed without any accompanying personally identifying information, it would not directly reveal anything about you personally. We call this type of information “Demographic Information,” and we may share this type of information with third parties, but never accompanied by personally identifying information (except where we may be required or compelled to do so, for example in response to a court order, or as required in order to provide services to you.) Collection and use of each of these categories of information is crucial to our business and operations, and to our ability to provide services to you. We collect and use this information in order to establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you, to communicate with you, to personalize your user experience on the Website, to provide you with advertising and content tailored to your interests, and to provide services to you. We may be required to use the information we collect to enforce our legal rights, or to defend against claims or other legal action. Collection of this information also allows us to assess and improve the Services which we provide, and to analyze user habits and market trends
For the purpose of this Privacy Statement, “Personal Information” means any information, recorded in any form, about an identified individual, or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from such information (e.g. name, e-mail address, province/state/region, country and organizational information pertaining to organizations with which users are affiliated), but does not include information that is publicly available, such as business contact information or information found in a telephone directory.
What Personal Information We Collect
Green Wave collects Personal Information to help effectively provide the Website’s Services to its users. This information includes but is not limited to the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering via our site as a user (your name, address, email, contact number, date of birth) or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site or our services;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our third party payment provider. However, Green Wave Soccer does not have access to your payment card details unless you authorize access;
- Details of the bookings you make through our third party booking engine;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access;
- Photographs and video footage taken while you and/or your minor child/ward are attending our franchise classes or events. We will let you know before any filming or photographing takes place at a class you are booked to attend. Please inform us upon registration if you do not wish us to use such data generally and please either attend another class or make the instructor aware before the class starts if you do not wish to be filmed;
- Records of your attendance at franchise classes and events;
- Membership numbers and history;
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Personal Information that is collected by Green Wave or its representatives is only used for Green Wave purposes. Green Wave uses your Personal Information primarily to facilitate purchases and the provision of products and services available through the Website, and also to facilitate communications among the Website’s users, Green Wave, and Green Wave franchisees. Green Wave may also use your Personal Information for data collection and statistical analysis purposes, with a view to determining ways to improve upon the quality of the Website’s Services.
Any questions about how Green Wave uses your Personal Information should be directed to email@example.com.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
Green Wave may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- To individuals within the Green Wave organization and/or any of its franchisees or other affiliates within the Green Wave franchise system;
- To third parties involved with the Green Wave franchise system, including: partner venues for franchise events, instructors, our booking engine provider, payment facilitator/provider, and businesses that provide discounts to our members.
- The Personal Information that we collect may be assigned to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets or other corporate change respecting Green Wave or our Website.
- As required or authorized by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental tribunal;
- Where we believe, upon reasonable grounds, that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group;
- Where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain; or,
- Where the information being disclosed or used is in the public domain.
Where Green Wave is obliged or permitted to disclose information without consent, we will not disclose more information than is minimally required in the applicable circumstances.
Green Wave does not sell or rent your Personal Information to other organizations.
Knowledge and Consent
Green Wave collects Personal Information about you only when you voluntarily provide it. Typically, we will seek consent for the use or disclosure of such Personal Information at the time of collection. In certain circumstances, consent may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (for example, when we want to use information for a purpose not previously identified).
The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the reasonable expectations of the individual in the circumstances. When you fill out a Green Wave form, for instance, you imply that we may use that information for the purpose for which you filled out the form.
Green Wave keeps a record of a user’s history with the organization, including participation in Green Wave Services. By using the Website you acknowledge that we may keep this record and consent to such retention, so that if your registration becomes inactive and you later decide to rejoin, Green Wave will still have your previous registration history on file. We will not use this information for any other purpose except with your consent.
You may withdraw consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information at any time, subject to legal restrictions (such as information kept to protect Green Wave from liability) and reasonable notice. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will inform you of the implications of withdrawing consent as appropriate.
Green Wave does not, as a condition of participation, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being provided.
From time to time we may, with your consent, communicate with you via email. If you do not wish further communication via email, you can opt out of receiving communication from us via email. You can opt out of receiving any type of emails from us at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email or by contacting us at email@example.com or call us at 888 8442744.
Green Wave may, with your consent, periodically contact users directly to ask for ideas, opinions, and feedback about Content and Services. If you do not wish for Green Wave to contact you, you may withhold permission or retract it at any time. If you wish to retract permission please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
While Green Wave cannot guarantee complete protection of your Personal Information, Green Wave follows commercially reasonable practices to protect Personal Information collected from you against loss and unauthorized access. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to selected employees.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Green Wave retains your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. In some cases, it is necessary for Green Wave to retain Personal Information for longer, in order to protect Green Wave from liability in the event of a dispute. Unless you explicitly withdraw your consent, we will retain your name and contact information following participation in an opportunity available in any Content or the end of your active subscription, so that we may archive your participation in the organization.
When you explicitly withdraw your consent to us retaining your Personal Information, or your Personal Information is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes, or is not required to be retained by applicable laws, Green Wave will take steps to have it deleted, destroyed, erased, aggregated or made anonymous. Green Wave uses reasonable business practices to ensure we have adequate controls, schedules and practices for information and records retention and destruction which apply to your Personal Information.
We will make reasonable business efforts to comply with a request to delete your Personal Information as long as technological restraints or legal constraints do not limit our ability to fulfil the deletion request. Where a request for deletion of Personal Information is declined, the individual making the request will be provided with the reasons for declining the request.
Green Wave is the sole owner of the information collected on Website. We will not sell, trade, or rent information gathered from the Website to others.
If you visit the Website, and do not actively provide any Personal Information, Green Wave still stores certain information automatically, via the placement of a text file called a “cookie” in the browser directory of your computer’s hard drive. The cookie cannot be read by any website other than the one that set up the cookies. If you choose to modify your browser to disable cookies, some pages of the Website may not function properly.
Green Wave will only collect and store the following information about your visit to our Website:
- The Internet domain from which you accessed the Green Wave site;
- The type of browser and operating system you are using;
- Your IP address (an IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer automatically and required for using the Internet);
- The general geographic area associated with an IP address;
- The date and time of your visit and the time spent on our website ;
- The pages within the Green Wave site that you visit and the information you searched for;
- The response rates to online or e-mail advertising and other relevant information about your online experience; and
- If you linked to another website from the Website, the address of that site.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Green Wave reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. The Privacy Statement posted on the Website shall be deemed to be the Privacy Statement in effect. A current copy of the Privacy Statement can be obtained at any time by contacting: email@example.com.
From time to time, we may use your Personal Information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this Privacy Statement. If our use of your Personal Information changes at some time in the future we will post the changes to the Website to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your Personal Information is used, you should check back at the Website periodically.
Correcting or Updating Your Information
You can help us maintain the accuracy of your Personal Information by notifying us of any changes to this information. You may contact Green Wave to request access to, correct or update your Personal Information.
Access to your Personal Information will be provided within a reasonable business time frame unless access is declined for one of the reasons described below. We reserve the right to decline access to Personal Information where:
- The identity of the person requesting access cannot be confirmed.
- The Personal Information is not readily retrievable and the burden or cost of providing it would be disproportionate to the nature or value of the information.
- The requested Personal Information does not exist, is not held, or cannot be found.
- Disclosure of the Personal Information would compromise the confidentiality of another individual or threaten the safety of another person.
- Non-disclosure of the Personal Information is required or permitted by law.
Where a request for access, or alteration of Personal Information is declined, the individual making the request will be provided with the reasons for declining the request.
In the event that you have any questions about Green Wave Privacy Statement or if you have reason to believe that Green Wave may have failed to adhere to this Privacy Statement, you may contact Green Wave at firstname.lastname@example.org If you no longer wish to receive email from Green Wave please send notification by email to email@example.com. including the email address you do not want to be contacted at.
By postal mail:
11 Holland Ave #300, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4S1, Canada